Sunday, January 30, 2011

PERFECT WEATHER

The weather is perfect here in South GA, 70 both Sat and Sun  - spring like, but I am sure there will be more artic fronts to pass through here. We are staying outside trimming all the plants, raking leaves...won't be long until we are pulling the tiller out of storage and getting the soil in the garden ready to plant.  Last year was the first year I froze tomatoes...I had 25 quarts and planted 29 plants...and they sure are good in the winter in soups, stews and chowder.

I am working on 2 valentine dolls, which I will post later on this week.

My husband's workshop burned Nov 27 2010 and we have been busy getting the new building up; we put in a wood floor, ran the electricity and he was able to replace everything he had, and moved in last weekend. We were finished with all our our craft shows (he makes trash bins, potato bins, bread boxes, small tables, stools and much more) when it happened. That night my husband left the shop around 7:00 p.m. We went to bed around 8:30 pm.  At 11:47 p.m. our neighbor was pounding on our door to wake us; he had already called the fire department.  It was fully engulfed in flames Most people never have to file a claim on their homeowner's insurance, but we were so glad we insured our outside buildings with total replacement coverage.  We also lost his car in the fire; I was so glad I had pictures of the car that I could give the insurance adjuster.  The only thing my husband said to me when we realized the building burning was "take pictures".  As the saying goes, and our insurance adjuster said..." A picture is worth a 1000 words". We still do not know how it started...fire report stated.. undetermined.  It's just one of those things we will never know.

Until next time happy crafting.

2 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear about the fire. That is sad, fire is my worse fear. We heat with a wood heater insert, with blowers, and hubby fills it so full at bedtime to last thru the night. He says its safe, but I have a horror of fire. Glad you had insurance. We live in West Central Ga. Yes, the weather here has been so pretty too. I have just started a blog. Would love you to stop by and visit. Have a good day.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maxie, thanks for stopping by Maywood Cottage.

    You are fortunate you had insured your sweetie's workshop, what a blessing!

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete